Friday, January 28, 2011

Introduction

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and tell you that this will probably be one of the most un-bloggy blogs you've probably ever read. I'm kind of a noob to this whole internet thing. My mother convinced me to do this just so I'd have something to do, or maybe motivate me to do other things. So, forgive me if this isn't really what you'd expect from a blog, or whatever.

I guess I should introduce myself? My name's KITTEN. Well, it's not my real name, obviously. I just don't feel comfortable putting my real name on the internet, call me paranoid if you want. My family and I recently moved out of the big main town of ours to a quieter area. The house is kind of old and there aren't many other houses in close proximity. It's nice and all, but now the main town isn't within walking distance, so if I want to go somewhere, I have to get my mom or dad - who are often busy - to drive me. And because of that, there's even less to do than before we moved. Well, I could always learn to ride a bike...

But I guess it's not SO bad out here. I never really realized how peaceful and calming the night was. At night before I get ready for bed, I like to sit out on the back porch and listen to all the crickets and night birds. There are some woods literally right at our back door. It's really nice. It reminds me of when I'd spend the weekend at my grandma's house. I'd go to sleep to the sounds of crickets chirping, night birds calling, and the occasional lonely car rolling down the road. Listening to the night animals here has just been a blast of nostalgia. Though, something weird has been happening the past few days. I don't hear any animals when I go out at night. No crickets, no birds, no nothing. The dead silence is kind of eerie. Maybe it's just the time of the year?

Oh well, I guess that's it for this entry. I'll try to update this thing daily - or at least, on days that something interesting actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment